The Latest Pics- Finally!!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Finally Getting Settled

OK, sit down and buckle in, because this might be a long post. Unless the girls require my attention. I'm sitting in their room as I type this as they are sitting up and playing with their toys in the floor. Trust me, we have quite a symphony going on! And yes, I can sit in here and type because I finally have internet at my house!

We are beginning to get settled in- still have a couple of rooms to go- the playroom and the office- but all the major stuff has been unpacked and set up. The playroom is proving to be a big benefit already.

Chloe was sick with the stomach virus this past week and Melissa had to take her to the ER last Wednesday night. She stayed sick for a few days (until Saturday night) but is now back to her normal energetic, active, very talkative self. She is really enjoying her new school and is making a lot of friends at school and church. And not just girls! One of our friends from church (and the chairman of our search committee) has twin 5 year old boys that also go to Chloe's school. She rode home with them one day when Melissa and I were at a Worship Conference. Chloe kept telling the boys (and their parents) how cute they were! She has also made a new "boyfriend" in her class and one her comments to her Momma this past week was how she just "kept getting a collection" of boyfriends! Yes, we are in for trouble!

Kennedy & Kaitlyn are doing great. Kate has not been wanting to take her bottle a lot lately, so we are changing her formula to see if that will help. They are both very inquisitive- Kate is very stubborn and independent. Kennedy is the life of the party. Right now they are playing with each other and are having more fun with the burp cloth then their toys. Hold on, let me take that away.

OK, I'm back. Our new church is going great. We miss all of our friends but we know beyond a shadow of a doubt this is exactly where God wants us. I preached this past Sunday on "The Heart of Worship." God really used the message to talk and convict among all age groups! It was really awesome being able to be behind the pulpit and proclaim the Word. I will see if I can get the audio of the sermon posted.

We're getting ready to do a huge promotion and outreach for Fireproof this month. We're doing a free date night with the movie, Bible study that Melissa and I will lead together, and a 4 part sermon series that Bro. John (the pastor) and I will tag team on. Pray for God to continue to move in a mighty way.

Our house is still for sale! But we know God has a buyer out there for us and He will bring them to us. (We had a nibble, but they weren't serious about buying.)

OK, well, I think that is an update to most everything. I'm finally beginning to get my head above water at the office and get things on a more even schedule. So, if I have been ignoring your texts, facebook posts or emails the past weeks with limited response, I should be able to and look forward to talking a lot more with all of you.

You can unbuckle now.

No comments: